Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Women's Hormone Tea

This brew really helped me through menopause, completely ridding me of hot flashes and night sweats. Once I learned how well it worked (by not taking it on a week long vacation) I was religious about having a 12 oz mug every day. Some of the ingredients are hard to find but most are in the bulk spices at Whole Foods or similar "health food" stores. There are no measurements, but I suggest about 1/2 cup of each ingredient, more of the cheap stuff, less of the expensive...it didn't seem to matter, it worked. I would make up a big ziplock bag full every few months then once a week brew up a 5 qt pan of it by adding a good handful of the mix to about 4 qts. of water, bring to a boil, simmer for about 15 minutes and let stand for a couple hours or over night. Strain and keep in refrigerator. You can drink it cold or hot.

Yellow dock root
Burdock root
Sasparilla root
Vitex berries
Licorice root
Ginger root
Dandelion root

Call or email me if you have any questions: 503-593-4809, hoernersusan@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment